Ever asked yourself how to test a bootable usb drive without restarting the computer? It’s pretty simple and you don’t need to do much, just follow the next few steps. Continue reading
What is the Tor Browser Bundle?
The Tor software protects you by bouncing your communications around a distributed network of relays run by volunteers all around the world: it prevents somebody watching your Internet connection from learning what sites you visit, it prevents the sites you visit from learning your physical location, and it lets you access sites which are blocked. Continue reading
Play your media anywhere
VLC Media Player Portable is the popular VLC media player packaged as a portable app, so you can take your audio and video files along with everything you need to play them on the go. You can place it on your USB flash drive, iPod, portable hard drive or a CD and use it on any computer, without leaving any personal information behind. Continue reading
Probably the most popular freeware cleaner globally with over 1 billion downloads since its launch in 2003. Piriform’s CCleaner is a quick and easy to use program which makes your computer faster, more secure and more reliable. CCleaner removes cookies, temporary files and various other unused data that clogs up your operating system.
The Android 4.4.1 update for the Nexus 7 2013 Wi-Fi-only version started rolling today. If you don’t feel like waiting for the update, we have the download link for you. If you have flashed a custom recovery you can simply download the update zip file to your device and flash. Assuming you don’t have a custom recovery, hit the break for full instructions.
**Note this update is only for the WiFi version of the Nexus 7 2013, NOT the LTE version, nor the Nexus 2012.
In order to update, your device needs to be running the latest stock build of Android 4.4 (KRT16S)
You will need the latest version of adb in order to proceed. Just download the latest Android SDK to make sure you’re up to date.
You also need to download the flashable ZIP file for the Nexus 7 (razor) and place it in the fastboot folder (this location should be C:\program files (x86)\android\android-sdk\platform-tools in Windows)
You must have USB debugging enabled on your Nexus 7 2013. If this is the first time going into developer options on your Nexus 7, just go into “About Phone” from your settings and tap the build number about seven times. Hit the back key and you will now see all developer options from now on.
- Power off your Nexus 7 2013, and power back on by holding the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons while it boots.
- The fastboot menu should appear and you should see “Start” in the top right. Press Volume Up till it changes to “Recovery.” Press the Power button to select it.
- You will see an Android with a red exclamation point icon, press Volume Up and the Power button at the same time.
- You will get a new menu and you can navigate to “apply update from adb.”
- Now it’s time to connect your Nexus 7 to your computer via a USB cable
- Open the command prompt in Windows (cmd in Windows, regular shell in Linux and Mac) and navigate to the directory that the Zip file is located in.
- Type: adb sideload 90745e15d8902605382c39b6a39a51b5dd8ff170.signed-razor-KOT49E-from-KRT16S.90745e15.zip
- The update will install and reach 100%.
- Reboot and enjoy Android 4.4.1
It’s 2013, and chances are that someone has asked you to make a Skype video chat at some point or another. This isn’t too all-consuming on PCs, where a user can fire up their webcam and tuck the Skype client away in the corner. Anyone using an Android device, on the other hand, has had to devote the entire screen to the conversation. But thanks to the latest Skype update, many of us will be freed from the burden of giving a video chat our undivided attention, as we will now have the ability to tuck the entire session away into the corner.
Not to let picture-in-picture steal the show, Skype 4.5 also lets tablet users move around their contact lists more quickly by pinching to zoom out and selecting a specific letter, jumping to that section of the list. This feature is joined by numerous others.
- Improved Video Instant Messaging functionality overall, including fixes on latest Samsung phones
- Added compatibility for the Hudl tablet
- Fixed crashes on the Nexus 5
- Drop down filter selections on the people tab are now persistent
The update is rolling out now via the Play Store. New users can get the app by investigating the widget below.