- Job Location: Lahore
- Country: Pakistan
- Positions: 2
- Job Type: Internship
- Department / Job Category: Government and Policy
- Last Date: 31 March, 2014
- An undergraduate or graduate student from an accredited local or international university; preferably with qualification in social sciences and/or finance.
- Excellent command over computer skills in Microsoft Office, such as Word, Excel, Power Point etc.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, with good writing and communication skills.
The Business Enabling Environment Component of the USAID Project has been introducing series of policy and private sector related interventions in a number of areas, with most prominent ones being livestock sector reforms, agriculture market reforms, mines and minerals etc. In light of the activities that have been recently proposed and will be commencing shortly, the scale of BEE led interventions will expand which lays the ground to source additional administrative and technical support to deal appropriately and efficiently with the tasks at hand and in the pipeline. The additional resource can thus contribute to implementation of project plans and program activities that fall under the purview of Business Enabling Environment (BEE) Component.
This internship is intended to provide administrative support to the Business Enabling Environment team based in Lahore Office. In light of the activities that have been recently proposed and will be commencing shortly, the scale of BEE led interventions is expanding which lays the ground to source additional administrative support to deal appropriately and efficiently with the tasks at hand and to have all documentation organized before the close out phase of the project.
Under this Scope of Work, the Interns shall perform, but not be limited to, the specific tasks specified under as:
- To provide administrative support such as organizing and maintaining files of BEE led interventions, prepare Travel Request Forms (TRF’s) as required to support BEE team in Lahore.
- Assist in updating the BEE Component’s electronic work plan actions and budgets, and in reviewing and archiving in a compliant manner all documents related to work plan actions including, but not limited to, position descriptions, SOWs, background readings, deliverables, and other documents.
- Assisting sector leads in management of their activities and any other task assigned by them.
- Rendering administrative services in program implementation such as events coordination and execution.
- Coordinating with various quarters of the project on action items/tasks assigned by the sector leads.
- Drafting write-ups, communication materials, charts, tables and other tools of analysis as per the direction of team members.
- Serve as a facilitator in addressing inquires and requests from other technical and support teams within the project.
- Filing of record (both soft and hard copies) and assisting with database management where necessary.
- Ensuring close coordination and teamwork with all project offices and components.
- Administrative and logistics support including obtaining appointments for meetings, preparing minutes of the meeting and assisting with any research and/or presentations relevant for meetings.
- Attending BEE presentations and ensuring participation when invited on others being delivered by technical and/or support teams.
Specific Tasks of the Internship:
- The intern shall be required to use his/her knowledge and experience along with the understanding of working of the project to accomplish the following:
- Assisting the Sector leads in management, record keeping/file handling and implementation of their respective activities.
- Delivering on the tasks delegated by the Team Lead/Senior Policy Advisor.
- Collating information, coordinating with sector leads while responding to documentary requests from other technical teams and/or the chief of Party.
- Assisting the team with Development Experience Clearinghouse (DEC) exercise such as liaising with DEC consultant staff and uploading electronic reports and other deliverables as required
- Tracing, tracking, and providing missing items (such as drafting summaries and/or abstracts) in reports developed under the BEE component for the purpose of DEC.
- Assisting the team to regularly update the online work plan management tool (Aid Project).
- Regularly updating sector budgets and conducting budgetary analyses of all activities under BEE.
- This position is based in Lahore. No relocation allowance shall be provided.
- Resumes can also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please clearly write ‘BEE Intern, Lahore’ in the subject line.
- This assignment is planned to take place as per a start date of on or around 04/10/14 and end date of on or around 07/10/14 hereto for a total of 66 days LOE each.
- The stipend for this internship is PKR 105 per hour (the regular work week is Monday to Friday, 9 AM – 6 PM i.e. 8 hours excluding a 1 hour lunch break)