This script will automatically flash ANY recovery like ClockWorkMod (CWM) to any MediaTek (MTK) phone including MT657 and MT6577 chipsets. QMobile Noir A6, Noir A8 and Noir A10 can also also be flashed.
This doesn’t require SP Flash tool or Mobileuncle tools and is VERY helpful. You can flash CWM from stock recovery! Helpful in cases where your phone is bricked, you have the CWM backup but you don’t have CWM recovery. And also when SP Flash tool is showing errors when flashing like:
BROM ERROR: S_FT_NEED_DOWNLOAD_ALL_FAIL (4050)
Steps To Flash CWM Recovery To QMobile Noir Series / Any MTK Phone:
- Download the script from here and extract. You will get a folder: flashrecovery_labandroid.com with three CWM recoveries pre-included: Noir A10, Noir A8 and Noir A6. Rename the one for your phone to recovery.img
- If your phone is not bricked, set it to USB Debugging mode from Developer Options and connect to computer OR
- If it is bricked and not turning on, open it in recovery mode. Try: Volume UP + Power button or
- Press and hold volume up + volume down + power button at the same time for a while when you see this screen on your device: http://i.imgur.com/v4x8i.jpg
- Press volume up once and suddenly press Home Soft touch button. You will get into recovery.
- Run the script file flashit.bat and restart phone into recovery mode after it is done.
If it doesn’t get flashed, you don’t have USB ADB drivers installed properly. For MT6577 ADB drivers, followthis link. OR it can also mean you don’t have root permission. This script may not work if you are NOT ROOTED!
If you want to unbrick your Noir A8 with CWM, follow this link where stock ROM is included. If you want to unbrick Noir A6 with CWM, go here.
To brick other MTK phones, try to find a CWM backup of its ROM.